Sugar scrubs and body polishes are fantastic year-round, and for all skin types. Personally, I am a big fan of using sugar scrubs for things like home pedicures or manicures, and on sunburn (to remove peeling skin & moisturize).
What Are Sugar Scrubs For?
Like all of the products at Kilted Suds, different scrubs have different benefits. There is however, a set of properties that can (or should) be attributed to all sugar scrubs. They are used for exfoliation, polishing, and moisturizing the skin. The gentle abrasiveness of sugar grains exfoliates dead skin, while simultaneously increasing circulation and blood flow. This gentle exfoliation exposes the new, healthy skin, making it perfect for use on especially dry areas like knees, elbows & heels.
Once the dry, dead skin has been exfoliated, the fresh skin is able to absorb the moisturizing qualities of the butters and oils contained in the scrub. This helps to ensure that the new skin doesn't quickly become old dry skin again!
How to Use Sugar Scrub
The use of Kilted Suds sugar scrubs is really very simple.
- Wet your skin
- Use a spoon to remove the desired amount of scrub from the container. Be careful not to introduce water to the jar, as this can encourage bacterial growth. Our sugar scrubs are all natural, and preservative free.
- Gently begin rubbing the sugar scrub on your skin using small circular motions. Rubbing more vigorously on areas like heels and knees may help to exfoliate better. If it hurts, you're pushing too hard!
- Rinse the excess sugar from your skin with warm water
*** If using in the shower, exercise caution. The butters and oils in the scrub can cause the floor of the shower to become slippery ***
Other Benefits of Sugar Scrubs
As I mentioned earlier, different scrubs have different additional benefits.
- Coffee - all of the benefits of a sugar scrub, plus the added benefits of coffee and caffeine!
- Eucalyptus - eucalyptus essential oil adds its antibacterial and antimicrobial benefits, while helping clear your sinuses
- Lavender - can help you unwind before bed
- Grapefruit - the cool citrus smell can help wake you up, but be careful if using this one in the morning, as citrus essential oils are known to make the skin more sensitive to UV lights.
Ready to try for yourself??
Try one, or try them all, but be sure to let me know which is your favorite in the comments section below!